Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) supplements the information contained in the Kyocera SLD Laser Privacy Statement and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Personal Information we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household or device (“personal information”). The following are examples of types of personal information that we may collect, including within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly or indirectly from our existing or prospective customers, representatives, vendors, suppliers, service providers, Business to Business (B2B) partners, employees, and other persons who may interact with us. Examples include:
Directly when a customer provides email addresses for correspondence or a personal address to ship one of our products.
Indirectly when we receive the payment method associated with a customer’s purchase of one of our products.
Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for business activities and professional relationships as permitted by law to support for various business purposes/legitimate interests, including to fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, and to communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, service requests, and your account;
- to consider your application for employment and qualifications, and to conduct reference checks and interviews;
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes, and to administer promotional activities;
- to improve and personalize your experience with our website;
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners;
- opening, maintaining or terminating the sales or purchasing relationships with us
- resolving problems with your account, arbitrating disputes, providing other services within the scope of customer service;
- evaluating business reputation and competence, training and skills;
- verifying authorization to take actions of issue orders;
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our website, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and service;
- to comply with applicable law and legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations and for compliance with applicable policies, procedures and rules;
- for testing, research, analysis and product development;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA;
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for the purposes described above. We will require third party service providers to use the personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you subsequently consented) and only as permitted under this Notice and any applicable country or web website privacy statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws. These third parties are required to use the personal information Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc. shares with them only to perform services on Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc.’s behalf and to treat your personal information as confidential.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Sensory data
We may disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliated Kyocera companies
- Service providers
- Professional advisors, such as accountants, auditors, legal representatives and similar providers in connection with the professional services that they provide to us.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with information, products or services we provide to you.
- To comply with a legal requirement or court order; to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc. or a Kyocera SLD Laser, Inc. business unit; or under similar circumstances.
SALES OF Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information.
Your Rights and choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary for us
or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code
§ 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations
based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the personal information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will work to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to a total of 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period by email or by written mail depending on your preference. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the personal information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will indicate that the Notice has been updated on our website.Your continued use of the Kyocera SLD Laser Website following the posting of changes constitutes your consent to and acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org